Front Office Manager
Saint Louis, MO
The St. Louis Airport is now hiring a Front Office Manager.
As the Front Office Manager you will oversee the front desk, AYS, and transportation shifts to provide the highest level of customer service, while maintaining company standards and ensuring profitability.
As a Front Office Manager you will be required to:
• Attend all hotel meetings as necessary.
• Locate Bell assistance, or personally escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
• Report suspicious persons or activity to security, the manager on duty, or the local authorities as appropriate.
• Perform room inspections.
• Maintain open communication with all hotel-operating departments.
• Cross-train and assist in other departments.
• Comply with the standards, rules and regulations, which may be established by LHM and be updated from time to time.
• Manage and motivate all front office employees with daily supervision, including staffing, training, counseling, and visually monitoring performance to ensure adherence to all service standards.
• Oversee the front desk and PBX and ensure all agents are following the Marriott guidelines and scripting.
• Run shifts at the front desk and physically perform the check in/check out process and other guest service-related activities.
• Review V. I. P. reservations and resumes for incoming and in-house guests.
• Pre-register guests and communicate with other departments to ensure proper handling of guests and groups.
• Communicate with guests and employees both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work.
• Organize and conduct meaningful pre-shift meetings to disseminate pertinent information.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
• Field guest concerns and complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results.
• Resolve issues using discretion and the Marriott guidelines.
• Ensure all issues and resolutions are properly logged.
You must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that you can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
• Ability to analyze complex statistical data and make sound judgments accordingly.
• Ability to access and accurately input and retrieve information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and patrons.
• Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach, and move continuously to oversee area and inspect rooms and public areas on all floors of the hotel.
• Thorough organizational and supervisory skills to train the front office staff on systems and brand standards to enable successful front office operations.
• Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, you may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. You are required to attend mandatory group and/or department meetings in addition to your regularly scheduled shift as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.