Director of Outlets
Saint Louis, MO
Marriott St. Louis Airport is now hiring a Director of Outlets.
As the Director of Outlets you will oversee the function of all food and beverage outlets to ensure excellent customer service and maximize revenue and profits.
You can also expect to:
• Monitor outlet activity and trouble shoot as needed.
• Assist Chef and Food & Beverage Manager with tastings, plate presentations, etc.
• Attend outside as well as internal promotions, meetings, or training to remain current with food and beverage knowledge.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Director, Food & Beverage or Food & Beverage Manager.
• High school or equivalent education required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years food and beverage service background and with at least 1 year restaurant management required.
• Computer proficiency in order to prepare budgets, forecasts, etc.
• Knowledge of computer accounting programs.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance.
• Work with the individual outlet managers concerning food and beverage quality, service, cleanliness, merchandizing and promotions.
• Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet.
• Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
• Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments.
• Interact positively with customers promoting property facilities and services.
• Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
• Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions.
• Maintain communication with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met.
• Develop, implement, and change menu items on an as-needed basis.
• Move throughout facilities and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
• Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality.
• Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
• Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall property operation.
• Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse).
• Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead.
• Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation.
• Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures. • Review, prepare and update forecasts as needed.
• Utilize prescribed cash handling procedures to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Math skills and budgetary analysis capabilities required.
• The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. You may be required to work varying schedules, weekends, holidays and overtime to reflect the business needs of the property. You may also be required to attend group and/or department meetings in addition to the work shift as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.